these might be the two greatest photos ever taken
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
- Ferguson protestors plan to halt highway traffic on Labor Day (x)
- At least 6 other Ferguson officers have been named in lawsuits alleging the use of excessive force
- Why taxpayers will get stuck with the bill for the Ferguson lawsuit
- Ferguson isn’t about black rage against cops. It’s white rage against progress.
- Between the world and Ferguson
- Teaching and talking about police violence
What makes me so happy about this is that she isn’t telling you you must love your body or that you are obligated to. She saying you have permission to. And that’s important, because there are a lot of reasons why people have trouble with self-love. But the idea that you aren’t supposed to love your body, that you aren’t allowed to for whatever reason, needs to be crushed. If you can’t love you body right now, if your body causes you pain or disphoria or distress, you aren’t required to love it. But you are ALLOWED to. You are entitled to the chance to make peace with your body, if you ever reach a point where you are ready to. No one else should be trying to stop you.
Sometimes I see or read things, and I didn’t realize that I needed them until they are two GIFs of Nicki Minaj and some amazing commentary that come across my dash and I instantly burst in to tears and feel a weight lifted off my chest.
This is so important
These tweets from @OfRedAndBlue are very important.
RIGHT!!!?!?? like we’re not playing a theoretical game here, we’re talking about people’s LIVES
"When people insists I’m obligated to ‘debate’ with them I leave the conversation, bc they already have decided it’s not real."
What an utterly perfect series of tweets. I think I’m in love.
If you had a superpower what would it be?
1. They are stopping people from giving blood to protestors who are bleeding out
2. They are forcing doctors not to report number of deaths and injuries
3. They have hit people with real steel bullets instead of rubber one’s
4. They are sending severely injured people home without giving them proper treatment
CAN WE PLEASE SIGNAL BOOST THIS? Because literally nobody I’ve spoken to about this even knows wtf is happening.
Two funny things
1. She has game. Like A LOT!!!
2. In the show he was literally the technology expert…
When I worked at a non-profit that handled suicide prevention, I had access to the donation records. Each month, a specific man donated 15$ to our organization. It was like clockwork.. same day, same man, he had been doing this for over 4 years. It always seemed odd to me but I never questioned it… until I saw a note attached one month. "For Noah- Dad"
his donation was once his child’s allowance.
I can promise you, they would miss you for the rest of their lives.
Homosexuality is unnatural! It says so in this book where snakes talk, people come back from the dead, a guy walks on water, and a virgin has a baby.
And people live to be 950 years old.
Police had been responding to a “disturbance” near the University of Tennessee when a house party estimated to be composed of 800+ individuals spilled out onto the street. Deputy Brandon Gilliam wrote in the report that when detaining Dotson, he “began to physically resist officers’ instructions to place his hands behind his back, and at one point grabbed on to an officer’s leg.” At some point, Deputy Phillips felt the need to begin choking Dotson to the point where he passed out — lethal force by any definition.
The deputy who assaulted the student was fired and the deputies who stood by were suspended. As it should be.
This dude made a rookie mistake. You never assault the rich white kids, they’re the only ones the system cares about after all.
LETS FUCKING CLARIFY:
A COP CHOKES A WHITE BOY AFTER A ROWDY PARTY UNTIL HE PASSED OUT AND GETS FIRED ASAP.
A COP PUTS AN ASTHMATIC BLACK MAN IN A CHOKE HOLD UNTIL HE DIED AND WE’RE STILL WAITING FOR SOMETHING TO FUCKING HAPPEN.
THIS IS WHY I CANNOT TRUST “THE SYSTEM”. ITS EITHER SUPER FUCKED UP OR ITS WORKING JUST THE WAY THEY INTENDED IT TO. and we all know which one is right.